Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Six more,,

We have officially run 6 more times!!! This is huge- for our lazy butts! We are in week 3 of couch to 5k. The running is getting easier,, but let me tell you.. We took a 4 day break for the long weekend,,, and boy were we stiff.. Ankles and shins, OH MY!

I am guessing real runners don't go 4 days without any running or stretching,,,,I wonder WWRRD- what would real runners do over a long weekend... I am guessing, they would run.

Not quite sure what we are getting ourselves into here.. With the running and all.

Believe it or not(believe it, totally true) I ran a half marathon years ago(very poorly..). Because once my friend(a diff friend, who moved away to avoid being talked into any more marathons) and I hit the 7 mile run in our training program( and ROCKED it!!!). We thought the local USA fit program was then beneath us,, because, you know... We were RUNNERS!!! So we left the trAining runs to those trying to qualify for Boston,, and those trying to not disgrace themselves in the local marathon. Then, we registered for, and showed up for, the half marathon... And wondered what went wrong,, still don't know-- we ROCKED that thing.

I distinctly remember my friends excitement over the discovery of some snickers marathon bar... It seems like perhaps that could be a clue. Our focus may have been more on the snickers part of the name,, than the "marathon". We should have made shirts that said.. We love snickers,, but really, it was obvious.

Some day I will get smart and add pictures to my post--- but right now I'm BUSY.... Being a RUNNER!

Wohooooo-- WEEK 3 baby!!



No comments:

Post a Comment